Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Shared Room.


  I share a room with all three of my siblings here in Iowa. We are all in bunks so I often feel like I'm in the army! haha! My Grandma on my Dad's side made quilts for all of us. She is a wonderful sewer. I think if we didn't have the quilts our room would be really dull. Thanks Grandma!! :) Just a thought.... sharing a room with all three of your siblings isn't that bad.... once you get used to it! Thank the Lord we have a lock on our bathroom though!! Our house is tiny, no basement, no upstairs. Two bedroom, one bathroom house! I'm so glad that in Michigan I have my own room! (And that my house is a lot bigger!!!!)  OK... enough complaining..... here are some pictures!! :) 
This is my bed. with the AMAZING quilt my Grandma made for me. :)


This is the bunk I share with AC.

This is the boys bunk.

 Attention!!! Get out of your bunks you lazy dogs!!! (I'm the laziest dog )

11 comments:

  1. I appreciate these photos of your room in Iowa! Now I can finally picture it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem!! It's really hard to describe stuff to people... it's easier this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! you said that your room was teeny tiny,s o i imagined it smaller :) but that is still super small for 2 MONTHS sharing a room with the boys! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may love your own room in Michigan, but we love having you here in Iowa!!! lol. I'm a new follower of your blog....looking forward to reading about livin' in 2 worlds!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it's nice to be able to picture your barracks down there Lyddie - thanks for posting. And about the rain going away...I thought 'rain makes corn...'??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS...I've never seen your room in Iowa. Thanks for posting the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ~ amazing quilts! My mom is a quilter, so i'm going to have to have her check out your page and pictures.. I love your combine pic, btw..brings back those old farm memories! Nice blog, Lydia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rain makes corn.... when it's in the ground! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mrs. Deneglese! Did I spell your name right??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah... it's stinks sharing a room with boys... but I parents are nice and make them stay out when I need privacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool quilts!!!!! My grandma is a sewing fanatic (not to mention her avid knitting:) I loved seeing the pictures!!!! Love you all!!:)

    ReplyDelete