Sunday, May 1, 2011

My violin

Today I played my violin at church. A lot of senior citizens gave money towards youth group trips and so the youth group kids (Which I am a part of) gave an appreciation banquet. After everyone ate the delicious pork loin, baked potatoes and green beans we gave a little "talent show". I played the songs "How great thou art" and "Amazing Grace". Other kids sang and played instruments. The senior citizens really enjoyed it and I am glad we could put it on. Afterwords some ladies came over and told me that the pastor's wife (Who probably was pastor a while ago) played the violin but she passed away. Tomorrow my Dad is going to the fields!!!! :) PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lydia 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed catching up on your blog.

    For reference, I'm "John's mom" - John and Joshua have a great time together at your Michigan church. I know your mom from our adoption get-togethers; she suggested your blog on Facebook last month. Thought it'd be a great way to keep tabs on what your family is up to and know you all better. Quite an adventure, living two lives!

    Anyway, it's been fun to read. When I was nine, I spent a very memorable (fantastically so) Spring Break on a cattle farm in Paullina, just 2.5 hours due west of you. It was the family farm of my best friend; her grandparents and uncle farmed it. Your blog is reminding me of all the hours we spent playing in the creek-crossed pastures, climbing silos and windmills, riding the tractor to get feed for the cattle, seeing calves born, playing with baby pigs, making a mess of the hay in the barn loft...

    This particular post reminded me the quilting bee that happened at their little church while I was there - lots of wise, gentle old ladies and us three little girls sitting around a quilt swapping stories and songs. I loved how multi-generational the event was; we don't get that so much at Blythefield.

    Keep up the great writing!

    Jen Gilman

    PS (John says to tell Joshua, "Hi!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's "two and a half" hours due west. The font makes it look like 25!

    ReplyDelete